Friday, May 17, 2024

"There is a crack, a crack in everything... That's how the light gets in."

These past few days have been particularly difficult for me from a mental health point of view. I won't go into any detail but I have had another breakdown. 

However, here is more proof that even in the darkest of times, to quote the great Leonard Cohen, “There is a crack, a crack in everything... That's how the light gets in.”

“I’m not sure if you remember me but I’m [an old student from my previous school]. I just wanted to let you know how much you impacted my primary school experience and that to this day i still remember and appreciate you. I’ll never forget how you managed to convince my mum to let me go to [the end of year residential trip]. You helped me gain confidence and always told me i would be able to achieve great things. I have now finished secondary school, got good grades in my GCSEs and i’m now in sixth form studying A level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology, in hopes of studying Medicine at university. Anyways i hope all is well with you and your family and once again thank you.”

This is what being a teacher is about. This is what makes it all worthwhile. I am so proud of this child and feel blessed to have taught them and now see how far they have come. 


 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely message to have received. Sorry to hear you’re having a rough time, please remember all the lovely messages you’ve received. People care about you and know that you care about every single child that you’ve ever taught. You have made a positive impact on so many young people. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

News

I have not written on the blog for a while. I have been off work for a few months now and now is not the right time to be going into that as...