Sunday, March 17, 2024

Curiouser and curiouser…

After the odd comments from 25.02.24, this week began with another corker: 

Mate, people are sharing screengrabs of this blog left right and centre at both your old and new school. And not in a positive way! 😐

Well now! Who would write that? It’s clearly not someone looking out for my best interests. And don’t they realise this is a public blog? It’s hardly hidden away in some obscure recess of the dark web.

My feeling is it’s someone who is a little rattled. I feel (and having chatted to friends and ex-colleagues about this, I’m not alone feeling this) that these one-dimensional comments have most likely been written by one and the same person, with this latest one now trying out a new tone.

There would appear to be an agenda: to make me seem a little ‘unhinged’ and a fabricator of tall tales.

However, these comments are ironically only giving the blog more exposure and helping it reach more people. There has been a huge increase of hits these past few days and I have received lovely messages of support, from lots of different people. I really appreciate all them taking the time to write.

So, whoever you may be, please do keep those comments coming! I can’t wait to read the next character you try out.



On a more serious note, as I mentioned in my previous post, behind these comments lies a profound disregard for, if not attempt at stigmatisation of, mental health. There is a strong element of gaslighting - as one response put it: it’s pretty repulsive behaviour given the circumstances. It's textbook gaslighting.



2 comments:

  1. The comment from your 'mate' is no different to the bully attempting to belittle the child in the playground on the basis that, 'nobody likes you'. Accordingly, I sincerely hope its author has nothing to do with education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, and I couldn't agree with you more. Sadly, in all probability, my 'mate' is not only in education, but quite possibly a member of the school community in question: parent, educator, maybe even SLT...

      Delete

Curiouser and curiouser…

After the odd comments from 25.02.24, this week began with another corker:  Mate, people are sharing screengrabs of this blog left right a...