Sunday, July 16, 2023

Onwards and upwards

The MAT campaign is over for me. We lost. We lost well.

However, I cannot function properly without writing. It is a way for me to process my messy mind: a way to funnel my anxieties and make sense of the world.

For years now, especially since my nervous breakdown in 2019, I seem to be stuck in a fight or flight state. It tends to be more fight than flight these days to be honest. The blog helps anchor me.

I was wondering what I could write about, and then bingo: it came to me… Obviously: what better way to move away from recent events than to write about my previous school which is so rich in happenings... 

It would appear that things have not exactly improved as far as work conditions go in that hotbed of toxicity. In fact, rumour has it that over 50% class-based teachers are leaving this July. This has been reported to me not by a little bird, but a whole flock of them...

While it is true that staff retention is a real issue at the moment in England’s schools, two thirds of class teachers leaving a primary school in London may be pushing it a bit.

If I may be so bold: it may be that the head teacher there is not so appreciated by their staff. And that maybe, just maybe, the governing body and council may still be turning a bit of a blind eye to the whole situation. No pattern there. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. Ignorance is bliss. Yada, yada...

One thing for sure, my lovely readers, is that I will be looking into this with great interest…



No comments:

Post a Comment

"There is a crack, a crack in everything... That's how the light gets in."

These past few days have been particularly difficult for me from a mental health point of view. I won't go into any detail but I have ha...