Saturday, January 28, 2023

A series of (un)fortunate events...

Just a short post this weekend: I need to tell you about a reassuring development.

Two weeks ago, I wrote about yet again being totally frustrated by the unaccountability of the establishment. It was in fact an article in a national union magazine that had triggered me. I came upon the piece perchance, and there staring up at me was a picture of my previous head. They were featured among other heads in a rather flattering report. As far as good publicity goes… 

A head thought by many -locally- to be a sure enemy of the union, being put across nationally as a progressive, forward-thinking leader is quite a coup.

It was shocking and upsetting, to friends who had suffered and myself, that they had managed to get into the publication. How had nothing been flagged during background checks?

To give credit to my union, once a few of us had pointed the above situation out to them, assurances were made that more thorough checks would be made in future. 

I am even more grateful having discovered today that the article has been pulled from the online version of the publication. I was not contacted about this development, so I do not know if it is temporary or permanent but it feels as if there is some justice out there.[1]

And that the union can be counted on.

Have a good weekend one and all.



[1] The publication has been in touch. The removal is permanent. The editor could not have been nicer, explaining that he had also been victimised by an unscrupulous head when he was school-based. That is integrity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"There is a crack, a crack in everything... That's how the light gets in."

These past few days have been particularly difficult for me from a mental health point of view. I won't go into any detail but I have ha...