Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Excuses

I was going to stand up to my gaslighting, bullying, narcissistic head, but:
  • Why bother?
  • I was far too busy - what with the kids, hobbies, etc.
  • She’d been horrible to me before and there was no way I was putting myself through that again - sod that;
  • I was too scared;
  • I didn’t want to make a scene;
  • John and Celia said, "The ones who were victimised were just troublemakers anyway."
  • I was far too much of an ambitious prick -wanting to ingratiate myself with her- to rock the boat;
  • She’s got the establishment behind her, and you can’t take on the establishment - right?
  • Surely things will get better - won’t they?
  • Frankie said, "Imagine what she'd do to you!"
  • I was way too much of a coward; 
  • The bullied ones were way too political and loud;
  • It was too late…

(Après Alabaster Deplume)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Curiouser and curiouser…

After the odd comments from 25.02.24, this week began with another corker:  Mate, people are sharing screengrabs of this blog left right a...